There have been several interesting medical studies investigating the medicinal benefits of clitoria ternatea (blue pea). They concentrate on several parts of the blue pea plant including the flowers, roots and leaves.
- Clitoria ternatea (Linn) root extract treatment during growth spurt period enhances learning and memory in rats
- Clitoria ternatea root extract enhances acetylcholine content in rat hippocampus
- Clitoria ternatea and the CNS
- In vitro inhibitory effects of plant-based foods and their combinations on intestinal α-glucosidase and pancreatic α-amylase
- Evaluation of antipyretic potential of Clitoria ternatea L. extract in rats
- Antihyperlipidemic activity of Clitoria ternatea and Vigna mungo in rats
- Influence of clitoria ternatea extracts on memory and central cholinergic activity in rats
- Evaluation of antiasthmatic activity of Clitoria ternatea L. roots
- Diuretic activity of roots of Clitoria ternatea L. in dogs
What are your favorite uses for Blue Pea Flowers? Do you use them for health reasons or simply for the colour changing teas and cocktails?